Updated on 5 July 2022
Please read this document carefully. It contains important information about your rights and obligations.
Table of Contents
- Acceptance of these terms
- Eligbility for use
- Your account information
- Your conduct
- Our right to block content
- Use of information submitted
- Third party claims/ Indeminfication
- Warranty Disclaimer & Liability Limit
- Termination; Modification
- Electronic Notices
- Links to other websites
- Claims of copyright infringement
- Contact Us
Eligibility for Use: You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to use the Site.
Your Account Information: It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your Site account information, and you are responsible for your use of the Site accessed through it. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other actual or suspected breach of Site security.
- If you choose to provide us with information about yourself, it will be true and up-to-date.
- You will not impersonate any other person while using the Site.
You will not upload, post, email or otherwise send to us, to the Site or to any other person via the Site, any material that:
- Contains viruses, bugs or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights, including privacy or publicity rights, of any person or entity;
- Promotes or endorses any company or person, any product or service, or any charitable cause (unless you have our prior written permission);
- Refers to a URL of a website that competes with the Site or that contains, depicts or promotes illegal content, materials or activities;
- Requests personally identifiable information; or
- Is abusive, illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening or otherwise unacceptable to us, in our sole discretion.
Use of Information Submitted: You agree that we are free to use any comments, information or ideas contained in any communication you may send to us, without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products, services and Site features, and creating, modifying or improving the Site or other products and services.
Copyrights: All content of the Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics and code, is our property and is protected under applicable copyrights, patents and other proprietary and/or intellectual property rights. We grant you permission to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of the Site solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not change or delete any proprietary notices from downloaded or printed materials. You do not acquire ownership rights in any downloaded materials as a result of our permission. Any other use of the Site and/or its content is strictly prohibited, unless expressly permitted by us on the Site or authorized by us in writing.
Trademarks: All trademarks, service marks and trade names of MPOWER Financing, PBC used on the Site, including but not limited to International Student, International Student Insurance, International Student Loan, ESLDirectory, GlobalStudy and their associated logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of MPOWER Financing, PBC in the U.S. and/or other countries. They may not be used without our prior express written permission. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or endorsed by us.
Warranty Disclaimer & Liability Limit: YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE PRESENT THE SITE "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE OF IT. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions on the Site; any failures, delays or interruptions in the Site's accessibility; any losses or damages arising from the use of the Site; any conduct by other users of the Site; or unauthorized access to or use of our Site or servers. We reserve the right to deliver the Site at our sole and absolute discretion. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE IN THIS AGREEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Termination; Modification: We reserve the right in our sole discretion to terminate or restrict your use of the Site, for any or no reason, and without prior notice, obligation or liability to you or any other person. In addition, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to terminate or modify any Site feature or offering, without any notice, for any or no reason, and without any notice, obligation or liability to you or any other person.
- Electronic Notices: By using the Site, you agree to receive electronic communications from us. You agree that any notice, agreement, disclosure or other communication that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
- Links to Other Websites: The Site may contain links to third-party websites, which are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over these linked sites, all of which have their own user agreements and data collection practices. You access them at your own risk. Inclusion of any linked third-party website on the Site does not imply our approval or endorsement of that site.
Claims of Copyright Infringement: We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been used on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with all of the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. Please describe the work and, where possible, include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of your work;
- A description of the material that you claim to be infringing, as well as its location on the Site;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Attn: Legal Department
1101 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20036
Disputes: Your use of the Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its choice of law provisions. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the Site shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the applicable local, state or federal courts in Delaware or Washington, DC. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Site must be instituted within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred.
Attn: Legal Department
1101 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20036
Copyright 1998-2022, MPOWER Financing, PBC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.